116th Lochaber Agricultural Show & Family Fun Day
Saturday, 24th August, 2013
Thank you to everyone for making the 2012 Show such a great sucess. We look forward to seeing you all in 2013!
Lochaber's annual agricultural/horse/food/craft show is held beneath the spectacular backdrop of Ben Nevis at Inverlochy Castle Farm, Happy Valley, by kind permission of David MacLeod. Please look at our location page for details of how to get to the show.
The show attracts around 1500 locals and visitors and is a celebration of what rural Lochaber has to offer. Thanks to the generosity of our local sponsors all school children had free entry in 2012. Everybody is welcome, whatever your walk of life, and we hope you'll have a great day!
Main Attractions in the 2012 Show were:
- Cattle and Sheep Judging: highland cattle, commercial cattle, and sheep cups will be fiercely contested for.
- Horse show and gymkhana.
- Handicraft and produce tent - judging of baking, veg, children's work, flower arranging and handicrafts.
- Lochaber Food Tent: showcasing local food producers and local craft.
- Working sheep dog display.
- Lochaber Pipe Band and Highland dancing.
- Traditional music from local young musicians.
- Pet parade and terrier racing.
- Working Horse demo.
- Wool Tent: sheep shearing demo/wool spinning/weaving.
- Vintage machinery: tractors, cars and MacBraynes bus.
- Argo rides, children's rides/races/tug of war.
- Children's farm and stick making demo.
The show is organized by the Lochaber Agricultural Society, a committed and dedicated team who give up a lot of free time to make the show a success. We also have many other volunteers who help on show day.